July 30, 2010

Blessed by Our Three Year Old

Everyday I praise God for the miracle of having our little boy back. He is developing on schedule and amazes me every day with something new.

A few months ago I was delighted when he drew a self portrait. It was a big sloppy circle with some dots and lines scattered about inside. I was so impressed that I wrote his name and the date in the corner and posted it in the kitchen. The day we started intro again, he drew a self portrait with a small circle for the head, which contained two properly placed eyes and one properly placed mouth. It had a straight horizontal line under the circle (the arms), and two vertical lines under that (the legs), and each leg had a foot. When prompted, he added a nose and some fingers. He is 3 yrs and 4 mos. He then drew pictures of his brothers and sisters and me, including noses and fingers. Wow!

You can tell that he doesn't feel well, but even past the drooped shoulders, whiney voice, repetitive questions and statements, and the rigidity resulting in tantrums, he is the sweetest, most loving, tenderhearted little boy. He loves hugs and kisses and melts at the sound of the Barney "I Love You?" song. He loves to sing "Row Row...", "Twinkle Twinkle...", "I'm a Little Teapot", and many more. His lip syncs are the best!!!

Oh, there's so much more! This will do for now. I am so glad that he is healing. He is smart and sweet and wonderful. I hope and pray that God will do mighty things with this little one.

Thank You, God, for giving us our little boy back. Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment