February 2, 2011

Ahhh...Finally a Little Bit of Normal Again

Today was a good day. We stopped the bone broths and the long cooked meats and broths (crockpot) and quit the bone patè last week. I think we finished the leftovers 4-5 days ago.

Finally, CKS' cheeks are smooth and soft again (almost).

Finally, KES has stopped scratching scabs into her forehead from eczema.

Finally, CKS' urgent trips to the bathroom every 15-20 minutes has ceased.

Finally, the beds are not uttery soaked through in the mornings. They are wet, but not soaked. We even had one completely dry pull-up.

Finally, CKS plays on his own again and sits and reads books to himself instead of clinging to my leg and following me around all day.

Finally, SSS' poos are forming up again instead of being orange (carrot juice) and wet and full of undigested food. Lovely. I know.

Finally, CKS is happy and easy-going again.

Finally, the rash on the back of CKS' hands is beginning to clear up.

Finally, we went to church on Sunday and had NO reactions.

Finally, we went to the library today and had NO reactions.

Finally, CKS is not gasping for air anymore. He was always yawning and gasping for air recently (I think since the holidays when we added all of the broths and patès). It would get really bad and a little worrisome when we visited someone's house, had guests, wore hand-me downs, went to church, or went to the library. I am so relieved not to be seeing this anymore. I will have to try the hand-me downs again and see if he can handle it.

Finally, CKS woke up and 'told' me he had to go to the bathroom, for the first time in what seems like forever, instead of waking up and crying out in a loud panic that he has to go to the bathroom. Just now!!! 12:30am. I hope he does as well in the morning. We shall see.

Finally everyone seems to be fairly happy and cooperative. Yay!!!

And all of this is just in time, as my husband will be gone for business for the next three days. Whew! We will NOT be adding anything new for the next few days. We will NOT have any bone broth or patè for awhile. This is the break I needed. Whew!

I am so relieved. We are still eating nuts and we just added eggs with yolks back in (now that Farmer Brown's chickens are laying again), so I know now with certainty that these two foods are finally OK for us. These were two foods that we could not eat before we started on GAPS. I am so happy that we can eat these.

1 comment:

  1. I have been reading through some of the posts on your blog, just to find clues :) and I saw you stopped the bone broths and soups and did better? Or were you just saying that you finished your intro and they were improving (not that the broths were bad for your family). Thanks again!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete