March 29, 2010

Doing it Without Dad

Daddy is gone for the week.  When we work together on getting it all done we are up late as it is.  Without my partner in crime, I imagine being up all day and night without any sleep.  Cooking for such a large family without convenience foods takes a lot of time, not to mention clean up, but I can't imagine doing anything differently.  I am learning all of this from books and internet sources.  It is a lot to learn while going about the business of daily life.

Today was a pretty good day, all in all.  My hubby and I had a marathon weekend of food prep and the refrigerator, freezer, and cabinets are full.  I am praising God for this!  We are severely lacking in sleep, but it was worth it.  Hopefully my sweetheart will get some much needed sleep while he is away.  I hope to get some extra sleep, too, if I don't squander my time away on the computer.  (I'm taking a detox bath right now - TMI, I know...but it's a great time and place to have a little private time to do what I enjoy.  I like to write!)

Sad to say that I got a bit grumpy at the end of the day.  It was such a beautiful day outside that I couldn't bear to call the kids in to help me, but I need help.  It's a lot to do alone and as a result, dinner was served at 8PM.  Bedtimes didn't start until 9PM.  All children were finally asleep by 1030PM.  Not ideal!

The kitchen didn't get cleaned up.  The playroom didn't get cleaned up.  The living room is a mess.  Schoolwork has yet to be graded.  I really need that extra time at the end of the day to wrap things up.  Now it's late and I am tired and achey, hence the bath.  I am debating whether to rush around and clean up and prepare for tomorrow or go to bed after this and tackle it all in the morning.  I need my sleep, but I have never done well to wake up to a messy house.  Hmmm.  Difficult choice.  Opinions?  Anyone?

Lord, I thank You for being with me and for helping me through this day on such a little amount of sleep.  Help me to have a good attitude.  Help me to trust in You to take care of the big stuff.  Help me to make good and responsible choices.  Thank You, Lord, for hearing my prayer.  You are a good and a Great God!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment