October 8, 2009

Day 33 - Egg Yolks, YUCK!

Yesterday was day 33 and it was a very looooooong day!  We gave the kids one-half of a teaspoon of egg yolk in their soup for the second day in a row.  I would say it didn't go over so well.

Our 2 year old was obviously not feeling good.  He cried a lot and threw tantrums over me touching his plate and moving it ever so slightly.  We had a real difficult time trying to make out what he was trying to say because his words were muddled.  He would not look directly at us and his eyes seemed to bother him.  I asked him if his eyes hurt and he shook his head no.  I asked if his eyes bothered him and he shook his head yes.  I asked several times and got the same answers, so I think that was pretty amazing that he could communicate that.  He was wired and restless and took a long time to fall asleep, but he did not cry or fuss about bedtime.  He just took a long time to settle down in the dark room.  He has not woken up in the night since we pulled the sulfur foods, but he woke up crying last night at 4AM.

Our 5 year old had another leg cramp (more like leg pain) which started around dinner time.  Her leg pain has always started around dinner time or it has woken her up at night.  We had pulled all of the sulfur foods and she did not have any leg pains.  After 3 days of egg yolks, around lunchtime, she finally has another leg cramp.  Could be coincidence, but when you consider that everyone is having issues (different issues) at the same time, it makes sense to suspect the egg yolks.  We gave her 2 detox baths and one foot bath before bed.  It helped while she was in the bath, but the pain would come back after she had been out for a while.  We put her to bed.  She normally falls right to sleep, but she tried for about an hour and then she cried that her leg hurt her too much to fall asleep.  We gave her yet another bath (each one was a different bath).  She sat in the bath for over 40 minutes, well past midnight, and then we put her back to bed.  She stayed in bed through the night.

Our 8 year old seemed to do fine with the small amount of egg yolk.  Our 11 year old, however, had great difficulty staying on task.  It took him all day to finish his school work that he had been completing in record time since we started GAPS.  He did not finish his chores before bedtime.  He was a bit teary when things didn't work out in his favor.  He was bossy and controlling and not very considerate of others, although I could tell he was trying at times.  He was still awake at midnight because he had a hard time settling and falling asleep.

Daddy and I had to stay up extra late cleaning up in the kitchen and getting things ready for the next day.  There is usually food to finish cooking and put away, a dishwasher to load and run and a bunch of pots and pans to wash by hand so that they will be ready to use again in the morning.

Since the kids were reacting to the egg yolks and didn't feel well, it was a late night, an interrupted night and an early morning.  We were exhausted this morning!


Fiji water with lemon

kraut juice

chicken broth



leftover butternut squash and hamburger broth soup

leftover casseroles


Italian green beans

That's ALL folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment