September 16, 2009

Day 11 - Stage 2 of Intro

I just realized that I missed a few things about the intro diet.  On the website, Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride says that it is very important to consume the bone marrow and the soft tissue around the bone.  Eew!  I knew this, but put it out of my mind and hoped that I could just get in lots of fats and work up to that down the road.  When I went back and read the website for stage one, it was clear that it is a very important part of the healing program, so I guess we will get to it!!!  Eew!

I must really love my kids to go through all of this, but I am sure they don't see it that way when I tell them they have to eat it, too.  Eew!

Today was hard for me!  I really DO need more sleep!  I can't focus at all and I get frustrated so easily.  I would not want to live with me on days like today.  When I have days like this where I have so much trouble focusing, I get real bothered by clutter.  I realized that too many words and too much information is overwhelming for me as well.  I coined a new word:  "verbal clutter" - all of the little stuff kids want to tell you all day long that you don't need to know and all of the questions that you shouldn't have to answer because you already gave them the answers.  On a good day, I can handle it, no problem.  But today...

Our 2 year old was a bit better today, but threw a number of tantrums over clothes, helping with chores, food, and bedtime.  He was much less messy at the table today.  He did not grab at his eyes or ears today.  There was lots of repeating words and phrases rather than answering and conversing and he seemed bothered about making eye contact for long.  He enjoyed going places with Grandpa and with Mommy.  We will wait another day or two before we add the sauerkraut back in.

Our 5 year old did absolutely great today.  She ate everything we gave her without complaining a bit!  Lots of smiles and "I love you!"s all day long.  So wonderful!

Our 11 year old was very responsible about his schoolwork and his chores.  He was also very helpful wherever help was needed.  What a blessing!

Our 8 year old had a difficult day.  She is usually such a blessing, but today she was grumpy all day.

We had hamburger soup for dinner with an egg yolk in each bowl.. It was made with ground beef, brisket broth, peas, carrots, green beans, onions, and sea salt.  It was soooo good.  Everyone loved it except for our 8 year old who hated it.  Funny, because she is the one who is NOT picky.  She said it was the onions that made it taste bad.  This is the first time we have had onions since we started GAPS.

WHAT WE ATE TODAY:

filtered water water with lemon

leftover meat - chicken, pork, brisket

chicken broth

soft boiled eggs

carrots and squash

squash blended with broth and fat for the 2 year old
Our 5 year old wanted some, too.

hamburger soup - recipe given above

No comments:

Post a Comment