September 15, 2009

Day 9 - Stage 2 of intro

I don't know if it is lack of sleep, reaction to a new food, or die off, but I was a bit irritable today.  I didn't let it show TOO much, but on the inside I was just irritated about everything.  OK, not everything.  Actually, it was a pretty good day overall.

Everyone woke up feeling fine.  Chores were done cheerfully and breakfast was eaten at a reasonable time.  The older kids got their school work completed in a reasonable amount of time, too.  Gotta love that!  They have learned to be very independent and responsible over the past year.  I am so proud of them.

There were no huge tantrums over food and everyone ate lots of veggies, broth and meats.  They were very balanced about it all.  We couldn't be happier.

Our two year old had a rough day.  Not enough fat over the weekend?  Maybe it was the sauerkraut.  He definitely wasn't feeling as well as he had been.  Lots of regression.

MY big problem was that I could hear people talking to me, but none of what they were saying was going in.  Those are the days that I get frustrated with everyone.  I can't think clearly and no one makes any sense.  It is a good thing that I struggle with some of the same things as my kids (to a lesser degree) or I would NOT understand at all what life is like for them.  It is only because I have my own struggles that I believe what they tell me about their struggles.

Midnight, and we are still cooking/preparing food for tomorrow.  It WILL get easier when we figure out what we are doing.  It HAS gotten easier.

WHAT WE ATE TODAY:

filtered water with lemon

leftover roast

soft boiled eggs - the kids were in heaven

carrots and squash

brisket

chicken broth - lots

lamb roast

lamb broth

small bowl of squash soup with egg yolk

green beans

cauliflower

asparagus

2 year old and I had sauerkraut juice

I had boiled orange roughy fish with a bit of salt and more squash and carrots after the kids went to bed.  YUM!!!  They can have the leftovers tomorrow.  I simply ran out of time to cook it earlier in the day and fish is best when it is fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment