September 21, 2009

Day 17 - Stage 2 of Intro

Today was a pretty good day, however several of us were a wee bit moody.  Nothing major like Saturday when I just bawled and bawled all afternoon.  Looking back, I think that I reacted to the smells in the healthfood store, not just my 2 year old.

If I am right about the sulphur foods, then it makes sense that we have been moody because we keep eating sulphur foods.  We have been eating onions, cauliflower, and brussel sprouts.  We quit the egg yolks, but we continue to eat these other foods because we were wanting variety and the onion makes the soups so very yummy.

My plan is to finish off the leftover soup, brussel sprouts, and cauliflower tomorrow and then NOT buy those veggies again for a while and see if the moodiness and constipation goes away.  I should mention that our 2 year old, also, is not making great eye contact, is throwing fits about wanting things 'just so', is difficult to understand, and is loud, and someone, somewhere called it 'sensory seeking': leaning on me, rubbing on me like a cat, crashing into me and rolling all over me.  These are not behaviors we are used to seeing in this child.

We are enjoying the egg whites.  Hope these are OK because we really love eggs!

I did a better job of planning in the kitchen today and actually made enough food to keep everyone happy and full AND we have food to put in the refridgerator for tomorrow.  WooHoo!  I think tomorrow should go fairly smoothly.  I hope so.  Tomorrow is the CAT scan for our 2 year old.  That will be an experience to be sure!  I am not sure what we hope or expect to find.  Hmm.

I took a picture today of our 5 year old with a plate just FULL of veggies and meat and a glass of broth.  She had a HUGE smile on her face.  I can't get over the fact that she likes veggies now and she doesn't have tummy aches now and she doesn;t throw tantrums at the table anymore!  It is like a miracle!  Everyday now she tells me she loves me and that I am the best GAPS cooker there is.  These are wonderful words!

WHAT WE ATE TODAY:

filtered water with lemon

chicken broth

chicken

carrots and squash cooked in yesterday's pork broth

2 year old ate blended squash, carrots, and cauliflower with broth and chicken pate for extra fat

squash soup

buffalo hamburger soup (ground meat, onions, carrots, sea salt)
This was a HUGE success!

peas and carrots

brussel sprouts

cauliflower

our 2, 5, and 8 year old children had detox baths with Apple Cider Vinegar

No comments:

Post a Comment